Monday, January 17, 2011

Photo 2/52 - Mission Trip 2011


I spent this past weekend on a Mission Trip in Eagle Pass, Texas.  The Lutheran church I belong to in Austin is a longtime friend of a Lutheran church in Eagle Pass.  I couldn't pick just one photo of the trip so I made a collage of a few favorites.  The subject of the photo on the far left is a little girl that attended the afternoon activities we hosted at the church.  She didn't speak much English but she definitely understood when I said "hold up your bookmark and smile".  The photo at the top shows the amazing Thai meal that some members of my congregation prepared for everyone.  The bottom photo shows handmade cross necklaces that were created especially for this trip by a family in my church.  Through the help of those on the trip, the crosses were strung and handed out to the members of the church.  The subject of the photo on the right is a girl from my congregation intently watching her new friend build some playground equipment for the church.

This trip has been such a great opportunity to strengthen the community of all those involved. I had such a great time this weekend and am already looking forward to next time!